Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rain Dancing

  I was just reminded of something while commenting on something on FB. 'Plan your work, Work your plan'. Sounds easy.
  It's not, not for me. I can  plan till the cows come home, but working that plan....well  life get's in the way, idea's get in the way. Creating get's in the way of creating. It does. Sounds crazy but it really does.  
  'In the works' is my norm. 'Finished' is my goal, unmet all to often.
   So I plan my work. I need to 'drill this' 'bang on that', solder this, solder that, light up the torch, and make some more 'clay things'. Get that sticky varnish to dry (trying the screaming at it method at this point, so far, nothing else is working), I have to write a magazine piece, finish a tutorial, start another, build my new website, decide on a new name, order business cards, shop for 'this that and what ever else I might need someday'. The list it long. The unfinished products are too many to count.
  Pick 'em off one at a time. That sounds practical. Practically impossible in all reality. But it's something I just need to force myself to do.
 HAVE YOU MET ME? Forcing me to do anything is like going outside, dancing around like a naked nut case and  then watching the rain poor down on the dry earth. NOT LIKELY TO BE EFFECTIVE, THAT RAIN DANCE!).
  I'll make my list, my plan. We'll see where it gets me. (I'm already changing the plan in my mind) See? REALLY? I'm in need of a brain overhaul. I'm in need of a person to clunk me over the head when it's time to get down to the business of business. I'd probably strike back. Not a job anyone is applying for, that 'Clunk over the head' job.
 
  Creating however, is in my blood, a part of who I am. It's in me and it wants to get out and express itself.  It's a gene, I know it's a gene, it is a gene and with it comes a companion gene, the gene of procrastination, of 'I'll get to that next' (next never happens). I see this gene in many many people that surround me via 'groups' on FB. I am unsure how some get by with 'getting it done' so easily. Staying 'on task'. Not MY fine point.
  Not sure I have a fine point. I am more like the big fat Sharpie marker. Just a big smudge, my idea's leak through onto other idea's like the Sharpie ink leaks through paper onto the counter top.
 Good reason not to make a list.
    Great, done with that really stupid and insane idea.
   I think I'll grab another cup of coffee and go sit in the sun and procrastinate a little longer. Maybe give that rain dance a try. WAIT...it will rain tomorrow....4th of July. Always does.
   Then, I need to get down to the business of writing about Jump. And my recent trip to the other side of Wisconsin.
    I have to figure out this curios thing 'jump' first. I don't know there is a reason for it. But ....it's a long story, for next time. AND there are pictures! ON a creative note, I also will be challenging others VERY soon. I have a few photo's. I hope you'll 'play'.
  Enjoy your day. Create, organize, plan, do what ever it is you do, and have fun doing it!
~L.
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment