Monday, July 21, 2014

RAPMAT. Be Confident. (a sermon)

 
The temporally name RAPMAT project is under way and pieces have begun to appear on my FB page and on the mail. I'll be on my way to putting it back together so soon!!!!!
  However, I have a fear.
   My fear is that some will see others pieces and thing "NO WAY AM I DOING THIS". (admitting  guilt: I've seen a few and thought that myself!!!!) TRUE story.
So, that, I know, is going to be a problem for some who are not practicing artists or have no art experience at all. Many who jumped in on this project are very seasoned artists. Many (most) are not.  THAT.IS.THE.POINT.::::: a mix of people from all over the country, people who don't even know each other, coming together in all levels of talent to make ONE.MARVELOUS.AWESOME.AMAZING.PIECE.OF.ART.
There is no right or wrong, there is no 'I'm the best artist' or 'I'm not an artist'.
Many of my artists friends would head bang you if they heard you say 'I am not an artist' because: EVERYONE IS AN ARTIST. We all just have different pallets. So you are an amazing cook....you are an artist. I am the worlds crappiest cook, but I try.....and I'm not the worlds best artist but I try.
How you render your piece is up to you, simple or va voom....doesn't matter.
What matters is that you do it, that WE cross borders/state lines/PATHS and make on big awesome piece of art.
What matter is that YOU are jumping in with both feet (or hands) and doing it.
NO ONE cares if it's totally a masterpiece or you took crayons and colored it in. (I did, now I'm going...O>M>G....I need to redo. NO, NO redo's. I a sticken with my crayola pics and that's that.
This is not a contest, this is not about who is great at art....cuz everyone is great at art, you just have to tap in to it. True story.
  if you do not believe me, book a live RAPMAT and I'll prove you so so so stinkin wrong within 10 minutes......and I'm not nice about it. (kidding, I'm a sweet heart) WELL, wouldn't go THAT far....but no...I'd just say....'ah....how bout we, wait gotta put down my wine bottle....ok, why don't we just add a touch of blue here?"  No..kidding about the wine bottle. I wouldn't put it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so, smart mouth that I am, (incredibly smart so she thinks right?) lol. SO......get off your sorry horse and get on your super hero horse and go.for.it. and don't look at others pieces, be PROUD of yours cuz this is only the beginning............and I need you all.
I.NEED.YOU.ALL.TO.DO.THIS.AND.BE.PROUD.OF.IT.
got that?
Okay then, get those babies in the mail, I'm so excited, that I just can't stand it.....
Everyone is going to be Over the top, Out of the ballpark (went to get a beer didn't you? jk)  AMAZING. So onward and upward in this project. Tap your creative soul ...............or call me. <3    

1 comment:

  1. I should proof red. Prof read. prrof reed. proof read. ya proof read. ya. ah..who cares

    ReplyDelete